If you have a basement that’s barely used, then it’s begging to be converted into valuable living space.
At a time when it has become so expensive to move home, converting your basement is the perfect opportunity to create more room in the property.
It may sound like a lot of hassle, but this actually isn’t the case. In fact, basement conversions rarely need planning permission as the structure is already in place and it’ll only take a few weeks to become habitable.
By hiring an excellent basement conversion company you can enjoy more useful space in your home and have a finish to be proud of.
Basement Conversion Ideas
If you’re keen to convert the basement then you’ll want to know the options available for you. A lot will come down to the size of the basement and your budget, but there are plenty of options for everyone. Let’s take a look at some of the more popular:
- Utility room: If you want to convert the basement then you don’t necessarily need to spend a fortune. In fact, a basement conversion can act as something simple like a utility room, so you have space to put a fridge-freezer, washing machine, tumble drying and even storage cabinets.
- Playroom: Want the kids to be out of the way to give yourself some space and time? Then give them a designated playroom down below. There’ll be ample space for storage and you’ll be able to fit a games table too.
- Extra bedroom or guestroom: An extra bedroom can add plenty of value to your home whilst also giving you that much needed space for a growing family. You could also convert the basement into a guestroom for when you have visitors staying. It’s also worth considering an ensuite.
- Living room: With all the space down in the basement it could be the perfect place for you to enjoy more living room. It’s bound to be larger than your current lounge so you could definitely fit a few sofas and a TV down there.
- Home office or study: In today’s world, more and more people are starting to work from home, which has increased the need for a private space away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. A basement conversion is a great solution and allows you to take work life away from your home. You can create a cool and calm environment to get work done and then go upstairs to enjoy your home.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?